Children’s Ministry Open Position
The Children’s Minister is responsible for all ministry involving children from birth to fifth grade. In keeping with the mission of LCOC to make disciples who “Seek Him Constantly, Serve Him Faithfully, and Share Him Boldly,” the Children’s Minister will partner with parents in the spiritual development, programming, and pastoral care of children. The town of Lowell, IN is growing dramatically, and we want to be intentional about caring for families in our community.
- Recruit, train, equip and lead a team of Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Serve as a primary teacher in Sunday morning programming for elementary kids.
- Ensure a safe environment for children.
- Develop a strategic plan of discipleship for children.
- Plan and execute key ministry events for children.
- Oversee online programming for children.
- Plan intentional activities to guide children and their families in service of the church and community.
- Provide general pastoral care to kids.
- Partner with the Student Minister to ensure a healthy transition between Children’s and Student Ministries
- Work with the ministry staff to provide training to equip families to cultivate disciples at home.
- A demonstrable love for Jesus and a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- An understanding of and willingness to minister within the Lowell Church of Christ’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
- A posture of humility and a dedication to continued learning and discipleship.
- A commitment to excellence in all things.
The Senior Minister
Base salary begins at $32,000
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Children’s Ministry Application
Questions? Contact Matthew Shedd (219) 696-7591