C O V I D U P D A T E
Greetings, Church Family,
Yesterday, Wednesday, November 11, Governor Holcomb presented an update for all of Indiana regarding COVID-19. He addressed our need to continue to be vigilant, practice social distancing, and wear our masks. Additionally, Indiana is currently seeing a rise in COVID positivity cases. As such, effective Sunday, November 15, Governor Holcomb is ordering the following measures:
- Counties currently on orange pandemic status (as of today, Lake County is on orange) must limit all social gatherings, indoors and outdoors, to less than 50 people. Any gatherings greater than 50 must seek special approval from the local county health department.
- Counties currently on red pandemic status must limit all social gatherings, indoors and outdoors, to less than 25 people.
- Businesses should not admit customers without a mask. — As the church leadership, the elders and ministry staff have already stated masks are required within the building at Lowell Church of Christ.
- Social distancing continues to be a key element to slowing the spread of the virus.
- Source: Gov. Holcomb. “Governor Holcomb provides updates in the fight against COVID-19.” Facebook Live. Nov. 11, 2020. https://www.facebook.com/GovHolcomb/videos/642612853071334
Presently, at Lowell Church of Christ, our two services each have an average attendance of greater than fifty people. In order to allow ourselves a few days to decide our best course of action and to prepare our official safety plan for submission to our local county health board, Sunday morning in-person services are suspended for Sunday, November 15. Our “Church @ Home” resources continue to be available on our website at lcoc-online.org.
Obviously, suspending in-person services is not something we wish to do, however, the wise decision in this circumstance is to do so. We hope to resume in-person services on Sunday, November 22. This restart date is dependent upon our forthcoming discussions with the county board of health. When we restart, Sunday school and children’s classes may be affected. We will continue to keep you updated as we know more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our ministry staff. Additionally, we have resources available to aid in building community during our time apart.
- Church @ Home | lcoc-online.org
- LCOC Online Community | my.lcoc-online.org
- Our ministry staff prays over each prayer request by name throughout the week.
In Brotherly Love,
Pastor Chuck Hochmuth