This past Sunday, Pastor Chuck, challenged us to teach our children well. This is an important mandate not only for parents, but for all members of our local church body. We each have a responsibility to raise the children in our church to live a life devoted to Christ. This is something we take seriously here at LCOC, but often times, it is hard to know where to begin. So, here are some resources available to you.
Resources for you!
- Home Connection | The Home Connection is available on the back of your weekly bulletin and online. This document provides an overview of what your children and students learned in Sunday School and Jr Worship on Sunday mornings. It also provides some ideas for you to use to lead your family into a deeper walk with the Lord.
- Jesus Time | Elementary kids (Grades 1-5) are given their own weekly bulletins. On one panel of their children’s church bulletin is a list of verses to read and questions to answer. Mrs. Mindy calls this “Jesus Time.” Children are encouraged to complete daily Jesus Time to draw closer to Him. If your child misses a week of Sunday school, Jesus Time can also be found online and printed at home. Completing (or simply starting it) Jesus Time counts toward earning prizes.
- SPLINK | Midweek each week, additional activities are posted for you and your family to extend spiritual teaching into your daily life. SPLINK can be delivered directly to your inbox, or viewed in our #KidsLife Parents group on facebook.
- Volunteer | There are many opportunities for you to get involved in the Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry at LCOC. See Mindy Wells (Children’s Minister) or Matt Shedd (Student Minister) for current opportunities. From teachers to classroom assistants to greeters to snack helpers, there is a place for you. An annual volunteer calendar for The Grove children’s ministries is available here.
- Listen Online | Did you miss a Sunday due to illness or weather? You can listen to our current sermon messages online in our message archive.
- RightNow Media | RightNow Media online streaming library is available to all regular attendees at LCOC. This subscription service is jam packed with video devotionals for adults, teens, and children. Plus, it has wholesome children’s videos and movies. Hundreds of titles are available to you when you contact our church office to set up an account.